We had quite a wonderful year in 2016, with growth and learning around every corner. It’s the time of year to look back at what we accomplished, and set our sights on what is to come for Tocabe and our wonderful community. Take a walk down memory lane with us as we think back thankfully on what 2016 brought us.
Looking Back on 2016
- We can’t look back on this year without acknowledging a big addition to our business – our food truck! This summer we debuted our amazing Work Horse and got the opportunity to bring our food and vision to new people and places throughout Denver and beyond. We celebrated weddings, joined the local food community at farmer’s markets, sated appetites while friends enjoyed beers at local breweries, and much more! Adding the food truck allowed us to get out and experience our community in a way that was never possible before, and we are very thankful for that!
- In 2016 we also saw our catering business grow and expand. If you didn’t know, we do much more than our famous fry bread tacos and bison ribs. We have delicious appetizers, native sourced salmon, custom options and more. Catering people’s weddings and special occasions has been so special to us, and we are very proud to have expanded our offerings to suit even more of the community’s needs.If you have a special occasion and wonder if we would be a great catering fit – contact us for a custom quote and come in for a tasting.
- Adding new indigenous and locally sourced ingredients also became an important part of our year. We were constantly on the lookout for food producers that match our vision and values here at Tocabe. One example is our very latest addition of Red Canyon Water to our shelves. This company donates a portion of each sale to support projects that fund clean water initiatives and sanitation for American Indians.
- In 2016, we also took an active stance supporting the No DAPL water protectors at Standing Rock Reservation. We were proud to send donations of food and supplies, as well as host a donation drive for the camps at both of our locations. We plan to continue our support of this cause which is close to our hearts and affects so many members of our community.
- We added this blog to our website in 2016 as well! Here we have begun to share more about our vision and values, as well as fun information like recipes that we hope our customers will enjoy and benefit from. Creating the blog was an effort to communicate with you more often, and share what we are up to at Tocabe. We hope you visit often!
Looking Forward to 2017
2016 was a big year, but we expect 2017 to be HUGE! We aren’t fortune tellers, but we can say that our customers and community can expect even more growth and expanded offerings from us in the New Year. Here are just a few things we aim to accomplish:
- Launching an email newsletter to share even more news and updates with you. If you’d like to be in the know, sign up here!
- More growth! When we have updates to share on our growing business, we will be sure to share it on all of our outlets – Facebook, Twitter, the newsletter, and here on the blog.
- More indigenous ingredients, more love to our community and local food producers.
- Enhancing our ties within our community and the indigenous community beyond the Denver and Colorado region. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas on how we can continue to grow our community roots and make Tocabe an even more welcoming and integrated place. Community is the heart of our business, and we want that to show even more in this new year!
Thanks for reading about the year that we had in 2016, and what we hope to accomplish this year. We are so thankful to you, our customers, for allowing this vision to grow and expand with each passing year.